Thursday, November 1, 2012

WIAW: Halloweenie Edition

Spooky Snacks and Healthy Halloween Treats
I finally did it! Hooray! I tried to be super diligent with my picture taking today, and I think I did pretty well. I don't know that these Halloween treats can really be labelled as "healthy," but here's what I ate today:


 Breakfast: Oatmeal and coffee.  I eat this pretty much every day.
Today my oatmeal had chopped apples, cinnamon, ginger, and brown sugar.  The coffee was pumpkin spice with half and half.

Snack:  Halloween treats found in the kitchen!

I also had a delicious lemon square and cream-filled mini cupcake at the JPAC Commander's retirement ceremony, but I shoved them in my face before I remembered to photograph them.


Lunch: Slow cooker pork with rice and veggies.

This is the same recipe that I mentioned in a previous post.  This time I added some extra frozen veggies and some brown rice when I packed it for lunch.


Snack: Popcorn and more Halloween treats!

The popcorn was salt and pepper flavor, and it was great.  It was one of those mini bags, so it was a good amount.


Post-run snack: Chocolate milk.

Chocolate milk apparently is one of the best post-workout drinks due to its optimal carb to protein ratio.  This is good for me because I loooove chocolate milk.  I find that the individual boxes make it easier for me to take them to work with me.



Dinner:


You know....     Happy Halloween!



Me and the boyf were a Devil in a Blue Dress and a Devil in Disguise, respectively.

  


1 comment:

  1. Love your "Happy Halloween" dinner. That's probably me tonight (have to make a run to the grocery store to get all the candy on sale!). Also love the costumes :)

    ReplyDelete