Wednesday, October 29, 2014

What I Ate Wednesday: School schedule



Well, we haven't done one of these in a while!  I think I'll start bringing these posts back, although it may or may not be a weekly thing.  We'll see (mainly we'll see if I can actually remember to take pics of all my food in a day ever again).  Anywho, these are my eats from yesterday:


Pre-breakfast:  mug of Trader Joe's Harvest Blend herbal tea


Recently I've been really trying to make sure I get in at least 64 oz of liquid daily.  Starting my days off with some tea or milk with breakfast helps me pace my drinking throughout the day so I don't end up packing all my intake into the evenings.  I especially like this tea because it's sweet enough to drink without adding any sugar or honey.  Also note my clever use of a grocery store receipt as a coaster since I was too lazy to go grab an actual one :-P.


Breakfast:  Oatmeal made with milk and topped with leftover roasted grapes and mascarpone (plus a second cup of tea)


On days that I TA anatomy lab I know that I won't be able to eat again until around noon (breakfast happens at about 7), so I try to eat a breakfast that will stick around with me for a while.  Oatmeal usually does the trick, although sometimes I'll have toast and yogurt, or even grilled cheese and a glass of milk instead.


Lunch:  Moroccan Mash and steamed broccoli with dried cranberries and walnuts


Dinner leftovers.  The Moroccan Mash recipe is something I came across on Stir it Up! while doing Whole 30 last year.  We liked it a lot, so we still have it sometimes even though we're no longer doing the Paleo thing.  The broccoli was just the frozen steam-in-the-bag kind that I jazzed up with some butter, dried cranberries, and walnuts (an idea I snagged from The Clothes Make the Girl).


"Snack":  Coffee with half and half


Highlander Grogg flavor (I think that's supposed to be like a mapley-rum deal, but I'm not sure).  I don't really feel like coffee is a replacement for food so I am hesitant to call this my snack, but I ended up skipping my normal after-school snack time since my stomach was full of coffee.


Dinner:  Leftover nacho soup with cheese and tortilla chips (and some stats homework)


This is definitely one of my favorite soups.  It tastes fantastic, it's really quick and easy to put together, and it's full of veggies and beans so I feel really good about my life when I eat it!  It's especially great when topped with shredded cheese and eaten with tortilla chips -- I like to use the scoop-shaped kind.  Find the recipe at Minimalist Baker!  


Dessert:  Our last 2 Oatmeal Cranberry Dunkers from Trader Joe's (and some Buffy)


AKA my favorite cookie ever.  The great sadness of my life is that there's no Trader Joe's in Columbia; the nearest branch is about 2 hours away.  Whenever we happen to be out that way we make a point of stopping by TJ's to stock up on some of our favorites, but I'm also thinking about finding a copycat recipe for these cookies to try and make my own.  Also I know that Buffy ended many years ago, but I'm just now watching it through for the first time.  Can I just say that I am legit sad about Willow and Oz?  Like, for real.



So, that was my day.  I hope everyone else had some good eats too.  Happy Wednesday!

3 comments:

  1. Is it bad that I could tell from the blurry screenshot which episode that was? Love Willow's "deranged birthday cake" shirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, "I thought that's what you were going for..."

      Delete
    2. It's okay, because along will come Tara, and then a few seasons later your heart will get destroyed in a completely different way.

      Delete