Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Start

Hi!  Welcome to my blog :).  Over the past year or so I've become very interested in reading other people's blogs, and I finally thought maybe it was time to start one of my own.  I'm not entirely sure how it will go; I've always had trouble with things like journaling in the past, mostly because I never really felt like I had anything worthwhile to say.  On my bookshelves at home I have all of these beautiful journals that are completely empty because I thought they should contain something more profound than my normal, day-to-day thoughts.  I guess maybe I feel like blogging is less pressure?  Or something?  I don't know, whatever.  We'll see how it goes.

So, anyway, here's the deal with me: a little under a month ago I moved from Boston to Hawaii for a year-long forensic anthropology graduate fellowship.  Luckily for me, my boyfriend Kevin was in a position to make the move with me, so he's out here too (btw, if any of you are interested in gaming you can check out his blog, You are Likely to be Eaten by a Grue)!  We're settling into life out here, adjusting to the climate and  the 6-hour time difference between us and our families.  I've just started training for my second marathon, and I'm working on trying to make my eating habits cleaner and healthier (mainly, I've got a GIANT sweet tooth that I'm trying to tame).

So far, my intentions are to use this blog as a way to relate my marathon training and diet-healthifying (that's totally a word) progress, as well as to chronicle the trials and tribulations of trying to cook in my beyond tiny apartment kitchen.  There will possibly be some book and restaurant reviews thrown in every now and again as well, and probably also some random posts that have nothing to do with anything.  I'm a wild card, I can make you no promises :p.  But, I'll try to keep things fun, and hopefully the content will be interesting to someone besides just me!  Fingers crossed!


No comments:

Post a Comment