Thursday, August 30, 2012

My first What I Ate Wednesday!


At last we come to it: the real reason I started blogging.  I'm pretty obsessed with What I Ate Wednesdays.  I saw my first WIAW post at Cutting Out Carbs, which led me to Peas and Crayons, and I've been pretty hooked ever since.  So, here's what I ate today: 


Breakfast:  Coffee and oatmeal



 Pumpkin Spice coffee, to be exact. My oatmeal contained: pumpkin, vanilla protein powder, pumpkin pie spice, pecans, and honey.  Clearly the talking-to I gave myself yesterday did nothing.  I listened to Nightmare Revisited again today, too...Oh, also in case anyone's wondering I put half and half in my coffee (usually about a tablespoon and a half per cup of coffee).


My Terrible Lunch:  Grossness.  Also a pear.


My lunch today was supposed to be tuna mixed with black beans and frozen veggies.  When I put this combination together, I said, "This will be fine, probably."  But it wasn't fine.  Not even a little.  I think the problem was that I microwaved it.  I think tuna is just not meant to go in the microwave.  It probably would have been okay if it had been room temperature, but I hadn't wanted to eat it cold for some reason and hot it was just no bueno.  I couldn't bring myself to eat it, even after it had cooled down, so I just had my pear instead.  And also these grapes:


I forgot to take a picture until I was most of the way done with them, but they were the bomb.



Snack #1:  Crunchy Peanut Butter Cliff Builders Bar


I ate half about an hour before I ran and half after.  I am here to tell you that this is the most delicious protein bar I have ever ingested.  I did a mini-comparison, however, and it seems to have more fat and sugar than most of the other flavors of this type of bar, which I'm sure explains it's heightened yumminess. 


Snack #2:  Cheddar cheese Quaker rice snacks


I came home to find that my boyf had eaten most of the bag for breakfast (I know, right?).  I figured I'd better jump in while I still could (also I was feeling snackish after my diminished lunch).  I had 9, which is half a serving.


Dinner:  Grilled chicken salad


I need to start off by saying that I LOVE my George Foreman grill.  It came with the apartment, and it's been awhile since I've been so pleased with an appliance.  All I have to do is stick whatever meat on there, close the lid, and leave it alone until it smells done.  It's always cooked perfectly (so far, at least) and I barely have to do anything.  Also in my salad: lettuce, cucumbers, black beans, leftover frozen veggies (peas and carrots and corn and such), and dressing made out of ranch dressing mixed with pineapple peach salsa from Target.

Snack #3:  Caramel Quaker rice snacks


 Good times.  Had about 13 of these guys.


And that's it!  I wish I could tell you that a whole lot of water drinking happened behind the scenes throughout the day, but it didn't.  I had a little, but probably not more than like a cup and a half at the most, even with my 4-miler.  I know this is bad.  I'm working on it.  Not tonight, though, because I left my water bottle on my desk at work.  I'll drink it tomorrow. As always, the goal for tomorrow will be to drink at least 6 cups of water.  This usually doesn't happen, but I'll make an effort!


No comments:

Post a Comment