Friday, June 7, 2013

Maui No Ka Oi!

I can't believe it's been over a week since I got back from our 3-day weekend on Maui, and I still haven't given you any highlights!  Our trip was so, so much fun, and we loved every minute of it.  It's almost too bad we'll be moving to Missouri so soon, I wish we had time for another visit!  Here's what I learned on my Maui vacation:


1) Maui (weirdly) looks like Ireland/upstate New York....













2) ....except for when it looks like Mars.









3) With appropriate signage, even Porta-Potties can sound fancy:


They are no better on the inside, though, let me tell you.


4) Goats are fun times.







5) If I didn't have to go do this whole PhD thing, I would seriously consider moving to Lahaina.



6) Lavender-flavored baked goods are delicious.



7) You are never too old for these kinds of shenanigans:




8) Cinnamon roll french toast exists, and it is the bomb.



Maui was seriously great, and the pictures really don't do it justice.  My parents will be spending a few days there when the come to visit in July, I hope I can convince them to bring me back some goat cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment