Friday, September 7, 2012

Five Things Friday!

Hooray!  It's Friday!  I'm pretty sure I first saw this type of post at A Life to Bragg About, although it could have been Sensual Appeal.  Either way, I like Fridays and I like lists of things (on which there may or may not be five items), and what better way to combine the two than a Five Things Friday post!

So, here's what I've been loving this week:


1) Oatmeal for breakfast


I have eaten oatmeal for breakfast every day this week.  I somehow don't get tired of it, probably because it's so easy to switch up the flavor.  I usually add a scoop of protein powder, but other than that I try to be creative about what I throw in.  Once I even had salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese oatmeal, which was interesting but not my favorite.  Today's bowl had protein powder, a chopped apple, PB2, a little brown sugar, and a lot of pumpkin pie spice.


2) Fro-yo for dinner


I'm only marginally ashamed to say that this happened multiple days in a row this week.  The picture above is from a place in Kailua called Yogurt Mama, which is so excellent, btw.  I got a combination of Salted Caramel and Cake Batter flavors, topped with kiwi, mango, blueberries, and Cap'n Crunch :).

 
3) My new car!

Source

So, this isn't a picture of my actual car.  I meant to take one, but then I forgot, and now it's dark, so...sorry.  But mine looks pretty much exactly the same, so it's fine, probably.  While I didn't love the fact that it started having mechanical problems a mere 48 hour after I bought it (which was SO LAME), I got it back from the mechanic this afternoon and it seems to be running fine.  This is my first car, believe it or not, so it's pretty exciting.  Also, I'm really happy to not have to pay for a rental anymore.


4) TRX classes

Source

I started taking a TRX circuit class at the gym near my job about a month ago, and I seriously love it.  TRX is a bodyweight training program that uses straps attached to an anchor.  The class I take alternates strenth-training TRX exercises with intervals of cardio, like burpees, sprints, or jump rope.  I know I said it 3 sentences ago, but I LOVE my TRX class.  All of the exercises are easy to modify for your fitness level, and the straps make it easy to transition from one move to another, or to perform compound exercises.  I go twice a week, and I have so much fun and get a great workout.  I'm always really excited to go to class, and pretty much look forward to it all day.  I can't wait for next Tuesday so I can go again!  I'm also seriously considering buying the kit so I can do TRX on my own at home.


5) Cheesy Awesome 80's music on the radio

Source
This morning on my way to work, 'You Spin Me Round' by Dead or Alive came on the radio.  Who doesn't love that song?  I was rocking out in my car and it was so excellent.  The people in the car next to me probably though I was crazy, but I was having a great time.  My favorite part: "I want your looooooOOooOOooOOOOOOOOve!"  (Right?!)  And THEN, later in the afternoon 'She Drives Me Crazy' by Fine Young Cannibals came on, and I was equally happy :).

So, there's my five things for this week.  Hooray for the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment