Thursday, September 20, 2012

WIAW #2!


So, I missed the last two What I Ate Wednesday sessions.  Both times I had the same lame excuse: I forgot to take pictures of most (if not all) of my food for the day.  But!  This time a miracle happened and I managed to plan ahead.  I took pictures of my meals yesterday, so today although I yet again failed to take even one picture, I can still jump in on this WIAW thing.  I know, I amaze even myself sometimes.  I guess we can make this somewhat relevant by saying I'm falling into the good habit of getting my act together.  Or something.

But anyhow, here's what I ate on Tuesday:

Breakfast: Oatmeal



My one confession is that I did forget to take a picture of my breakfast, so this is actually an older picture.  But, you know, it's oatmeal; how different could it actually look?  Yesterday's blend had protein powder, PB2, a chopped banana, a little maple syrup, and cinnamon.


Sort of snack: Good Earth Sweet & Spicy Blend tea


I wasn't hungry, but it was SUPER cold in the office so I did the tea thing.


Lunch:  Warm tomato, basil, and mozzarella sandwich




At home, I took a sandwich thin and drizzled a teaspoon of olive oil on each half, then sprinkled them with salt, pepper, and onion powder and stuck two basil leaves inside.  I packed the mozzarella cheese and tomato slices separately.  At work I melted the cheese onto the bread in the microwave then added the tomatoes.  It was one of the more lovely sandwiches I've had in recent memory, and it will definitely be happening again sometime soon.  I also had some grapes, although I forgot to photograph them...I guess that's confession number 2?


 After-lunch snack:  White Rabbit candy


I remember getting these from the Chinese food restaurant in the town where I grew up.  I loved them, but I hadn't seen them again until I found them in the local convenience store out here.  I was so excited to buy them!  Kevin isn't a huge fan, but I've been enjoying a few with my lunch for the last couple of days (Confession #3:  I totally just took this picture in my kitchen 5 minutes ago).


Pre/Post workout snack:  PureFit bar


I ate half of it before I went to TRX and the other half after.  This flavor is Granola Crunch.  I thought it tasted a fair amount like peanut butter, so I was kind of surprised not to see any peanut butter or peanuts in the ingredients list.


Dinner:  Huevos rancheros


This is like my favorite dinner ever.  I first saw the recipe on Smitten Kitchen last winter, and since then I've made them so often that I've completely memorized the recipe (not that it's a particularly complicated recipe, but, you know.  Gotta enjoy the small things.).  Whenever I don't know what I want for dinner, huevos rancheros is usually the answer.  This time I topped them with chopped turkey bacon (so it was kind of like breakfast for dinner, which I also love), black beans, salsa, avocado, and ranch dressing.  It was so, so delicious, and I wish I had more right now.


Dessert:  Strawberry Yasso Greek yogurt bar

Source

Confession #4:  I totally forgot to take a picture of this too, and I'm too lazy to go take one now, so I grabbed this off the interwebs.  But hooray for more fro yo!  These bars also come in blueberry and raspberry flavors, but I think strawberry is the best.



Well...obviously I wasn't the best at remembering to take pictures this week.  But, I was certainly better than last week, so...improvement!  Onwards and upwards!

2 comments:

  1. I love that most of your pictures have your keyboard in the background :P

    ReplyDelete