Friday, January 11, 2013

JCore Day 5


Hooray for Friday!  I’m so happy it’s the weekend.  I haven’t been getting enough sleep for the past couple of nights, and I’m pretty exhausted.  I’m looking forward to being able to sleep in, as well as run some errands and get a few things done around the house.  We also might go to the zoo tomorrow!  Here's what I did for Day 5:

The Workout

Today was Rev Up again.  I think this video might be a little harder than Cardio Core 4x4 (at least for me), and I watched the clock a little more than I had yesterday.  Again, I did the modified versions of the balance and lunge-based moves. 


The Food

Breakfast: Toast with ricotta cheese and sliced bananas and Lemon Zinger tea.


I found this breakfast idea on An Edible Mosaic.  I thought it was really good; the banana was sweet enough that it didn't need sugar, and I pretty much love anything with ricotta cheese.  Luckily for everyone I remembered to grab a picture halfway through!



I've been drinking Lemon Zinger tea because I don’t mind it without sugar (though of course I would certainly prefer that it had sugar).  I tried to have some chai tea with no sugar the other day, but it was no bueno.


Snack 1:  Egg whites with avocado.



So I could finish off that second avocado half.  I went with garlic and onion powder again today, but I’ve been thinking about trying it with soy sauce, or maybe some salsa. 


Lunch:  Last night’s leftover gross chicken with butternut squash and green beans.



After last night’s salad I really had no intentions of finishing the leftover chicken (I was going to make Kevin do it).  But I didn’t get around to doing all of the cooking I had really planned to, and there wasn’t much else for me to eat for lunch.  So, I took the leftover chicken and washed off the gross sauce.  All in all it wasn’t bad, with the veggies the chicken mainly just tasted like chicken.  Every now and then I would get vague taste of the sauce, just a little hint of, “I used to be gross, you know…”  But other than that it was fine.  I also had some cherries!  But I forgot to take a picture until I was mostly done:



Snack 2: Pecans and string cheese.



Dinner: Cereal and milk.



I was too tired to cook, this was easy.  And I had enough carb portions left over, so it was fine.

I’m having some issues because although I’m following the portion plan as well as having one less serving of protein than recommended, when I log the food in my calorie tracker it always comes out to be more than the 1750 calories I’m supposed to be having.  I’m not quite sure what the deal is; I’m not eating too many portions of anything.  Maybe I’m choosing the wrong foods?  I’ve been trying to stick pretty closely to the recommended foods from the guidebook, but sometimes I do make substitutions that I think will be okay.  Over the weekend I’ll take a closer look at what I’ve been eating so far to see if I can find what the problem is.

It's also sometimes hard when my sweet boyfriend tries to serve me dinner and dishes me up an unspecified amount of food, which I don't want to eat without knowing how much I'm eating, and then sometimes I empty the dish out so I can re-measure it, and I'm grumpy because I'm tired of having to be so uptight about my portions and he isn't helping at this particular moment, and then he feels bad because he was just trying to be nice, and then I feel bad because he was just trying to be nice....we had a small issue with the cereal, could you tell?  

Luckily for everyone tomorrow is Saturday, which means I can plan my meals as I eat them instead of needing to have most of what I'm going to eat ready to go the night before.  I can sleep in and catch up on my errands, and my reading, and just generally relax so I'll stop giving my boyf the stinkeye when he pours milk on my cereal before I'm ready :p.


No comments:

Post a Comment