Saturday, January 26, 2013

Waiting Day like 7 or whatever.


So, Amazon says that the estimated delivery date for my new JCore USB is today….I'm here to tell you that this estimate is inaccurate.  Fedex says the estimated delivery date is next Thursday which I’m inclined to say is more realistic, although it also makes me sad because it’s so far away.  Oh well…it’s my own fault, so I really can’t be too grumpy about it.

The Workout: 20 minutes on the Death Machine



AKA the Stairmaster.  Since today was only 20 minutes, mostly at Level 5, it wasn't too bad.  Last Wednesday, however, I went for 30 minutes at Level 8 and I seriously had to stop every 7 minutes to take a break.  I feel like if I'm finding it so difficult it's probably a good thing for me to do, though, so I'll see if I can get to the gym to do it at least once a week.


Breakfast: Brown rice with applesauce and ricotta.



This was created mainly out of my desire to finish up some leftover brown rice from dinner and the last little bit of applesauce in the jar.  I threw in the ricotta for some protein, as well as to move towards finishing that up, too.  Kevin thought it was a weird combination and wasn’t convinced that it would taste good, but it was fine.  I also had a pre-breakfast latte before I left the house.


Lunch: Taco pork with spinach and broccoli.  I just realized I forgot to take a picture of this, which actually makes sense considering that I was almost practically starving to death by the time it was lunch time.  I made this pork in the slow cooker with green chilies and salsa, which is what makes it taco pork, I think.  Also it’s supposed to go in a taco, probably.  I just had it with veggies, and that was fine too.

Snack 1: Pistachios.



I was extra hungry today, which is kind of unusual given my eating pattern for the last couple of days.  Good thing I had these pistachios in my desk!


Snack 2: Greek yogurt with applesauce and cereal.


This actually gave me a bit of a stomachache today, which was weird.  Maybe it was because I actually dished out the yogurt on Wednesday night before realizing I was out of applesauce and having it sit in the fridge for a day?  Although, I can't see how it would make a difference that the yogurt was in this plastic container rather that it's original container....I'm not sure.


Snack 3: Garden of Eatin' sweet potato tortilla chips

Source

I was mostly looking for something salty to help settle my stomach, but I've also been feeling extra snacky today.


Dinner: I forgot to take a picture of this too.  But it was tomato soup with some more pork added in.


Snack 4: Corn Bran Crunchy cereal

Has anyone else noticed that I eat this cereal like it's my job?

A couple of hours after dinner I was hungry again!  Today was totally one of those days where I felt like I should eat everything.  For most of last week my daily calories were between 1100 and about 1350, which is much lower than what I'm used to (I wasn't trying to be low on purpose, I just wasn't as hungry), so maybe I'm just reacting to that.  This 4th snack put me over my target calories (about 1650), but only by like 20 calories so I think it's fine.

2 comments:

  1. Stairmaster = instant death for me. I can be in great shape running, but put me on stairs for more than three minutes at a normal walking pace, and my heart is just about thumping out of my chest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the exact same way, and it's the majority of the reason that I think I should try to visit the StairMaster on a semi-regular basis.

      Delete