Wednesday, January 16, 2013

JCore Emergency!


Okay, guys…I totally broke my JCore USB.  I don’t even know how it happened, except to say that it was in my computer, and then I put my computer somewhere weird, and chaos ensued.  I’ve ordered another one, but until it arrives I’m going to have to take a JCore hiatus.  I should probably also take a moment to reflect on and be grateful for the fact that I’m at a position in my life where I can drop a hundred bucks on something, break it within a week, and then just go get another one

Anyway, I think that in the meantime I’ll keep tracking my food on here, just to keep in the habit.


Breakfast: Oatmeal with caramelized onions and Laughing Cow Light Garlic and Herb cheese.



This was delicious.  I made a big batch of caramelized onions in the slow cooker overnight, so they were really easy.


Snack 1: Greek yogurt with apple sauce and cereal.



This had a weird texture and looks kind of gross, but it tasted good so that’s fine.



Snack 2: Blueberries.



Here’s the thing: I had breakfast at like 8:30, and then snack at like 1, which meant I wasn’t hungry for lunch before it was time to head out to TRX at 3.  When I got back I wasn’t particularly hungry either, and I only had a half hour left before it was time to head home, but I figured I should eat something so I had blueberries. 


Dinner:  Toasted whole wheat English muffin with Laughing Cow Light Garlic and Herb cheese and French Onion cheese (1 wedge of each), egg whites, and caramelized onions.



This was pretty delicious considering that I just grabbed it because I couldn’t think of anything better to eat.


Snack 3: Pecans and skim milk.



Shortly before going to bed I tallied up my calories for the day and realized I had eaten less than 1000.  I wasn’t really hungry but I figured I should eat something else.  Eating this snack brought me up to just below 1200 calories for the day.


Looking over my posts from the last couple of days, it seems like I’ve been eating less and less, which is weird.  I’m not really doing it on purpose, it just seems like in the past I would be hungry like every 2.5 hours, and now I’m just hungry less often.  I first noticed it over the weekend, and I thought maybe it was because I was at home instead of at work, and maybe I’m using my meal and snack breaks as a way to break up my workday.  But then, the same kind of thing happened today, so I’m not sure.  Maybe it’s because I’m eating more protein now so I’m full longer?  Or maybe because I’m getting better at having the proper amount of water in a day, so I'm not eating when I'm actually thirsty?  I don't know, I'll have to see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment