Sunday, February 10, 2013

JCore Day 13: Fit Test 3


The Workout: Fit Test 3!

I'm happy with my results this week.  I improved on pretty much all of the exercises and used fewer of the modified forms.  I put all of my fit test data into a chart so I could more easily see my progress:

Not too bad, right?!


The Food

Breakfast: Almost omelette with egg whites, leftover ground beef, and green beans.


This was originally supposed to be an omelette, but I ended up having more filling than egg to surround it so it wouldn't fold properly.  But, by that time it was too late to turn it into scrambled eggs, so I just had a pile of stuff on my plate and that was fine.


Lunch: Pork with butternut squash and green beans.


Exactly the same as yesterday.  There's still pork in the fridge so maybe I'll have it tomorrow too!


Snack: Justin's honey almond butter.


I was about to head out to go to a party and I didn't want to be starving when I got there.


Dinner:  James Bond-themed extravaganza!

My supervisor at work and her husband threw a party celebrating the 50th anniversary of the James Bond series.  They kind of went all out, it was pretty cool.  Upon arrival, we were each given a water gun that had been spray painted black to appear more official - although some had been painted gold for a little extra fancy, I got one of those!  Placed around the lanai for people to look at were copies of James Bond magazine and a coffee table book about Bond Girls.  There were also various James Bond movies playing on different TVs around the house.  There was a martini bar complete with instructions on how to make a few variations, as well as another area to make mixed drinks.  The appetizers were all named after movies, like A View To A Kill Crab Mold, and The Man With The Golden Gun Cheese Board.  I had tried to eat a little lighter throughout the day to make room in my calorie budget for party food, and it's a good thing I did because there wasn't a ton there that I was okay to eat.  Here's what I had:

Granny Smith apple slices, 3 fried chicken drumsticks, 3 Triscuits, and some crab mold.
The fried chicken obviously wasn't the best thing in the world to eat, but it was pretty much the only source of protein considering I couldn't eat the cheese from the cheese board or any of the mini pizzas  There was some Octopussy sushi, but I was not inclined to eat any.  I couldn't figure out what was in them, and I haven't graduated from California rolls to actual raw fish sushi yet.  A little later I had a second plate with a few more apple slices, a little more crab mold, and 3 Town House crackers.

Then came dessert.  We all know how much I love dessert.  There was so much to choose from; Diamonds Are Forever Cupcakes, Moonraker Cookies, Die Another Day Skull Cake, In Her Majesty's Secret Service Cheesecakes, License to Kill(er) Brownies, From Russia With Love Cookies, Guava cake, and fruit skewers:

Is that James Bond back there?  Quite possibly!
Can you guess which plate is mine?  ;-)


I had a small bite of Kevin's cupcake and a teeny tiny bite of his brownie, but that was it.  Luckily I had saved my fruit portion for the party so I could eat fruit instead.  I also had 2 small cups of coffee with half and half from the Spy Who Loved Me Coffee Bar.  I logged everything I ate, and (assuming my calorie counts for things were accurate) I ended up only going over my calorie limit by about 55 calories, which isn't bad at all.

1 comment:

  1. Crab mold... not the most appetizing sounding thing. Also, I'm not sure that Guava cake is in keeping with the movie-naming theme. Basically, though, I'm just jealous that I didn't think to throw a Bond party.

    ReplyDelete