Tuesday, February 12, 2013

JCore Day 16


The Workout

Today I did Fire Fit again.  It went much better this time, no headaches at all.  I also had TRX in the afternoon.  Today's session was a lot more fast-paced and cardio-heavy than last Thursday's class had been. 


The Food

Breakfast: Brown rice with pumpkin and almond butter.


I made this up because I couldn’t think of anything better to have (I didn’t feel like having oatmeal again).  It was actually good!  No sugar, but I added some pumpkin pie spice to it, and my office-mate commented that it smelled like Thanksgiving when she came in the door.


Lunch: Pork chop with green beans and butternut squash.


There’s totally a pork chop in there, just underneath all the veggies.  I forgot to add salt, though!  So the veggies were just a little bit boring.  Also there are somehow no knives in the kitchen, so eating the pork chop was a bit more difficult than I may have liked.    



Snack 1: Greek yogurt with applesauce and Wheat Chex.


I had a different brand of yogurt than usual (I normally have Fage, this was 365 [Whole Foods brand]).  I think this brand tastes a little better, probably because it’s a little higher in calories.


Snack 2: Latte.




Dinner: Chicken curry with chickpeas, green beans, and cauliflower.  


The one thing I would change about this is that the sauce is thinner than I would like.  I might try to add some cornstarch to the leftover sauce to thicken it up a bit.


I also contacted the JCore people and found out that for this phase of the nutrition program, crackers count as bread, as I assume do tortilla chips.  Since I've had one of those two things pretty much every day since Phase 2 started, the only conclusion I can come to is that I've been doing this wrong.  I guess what I'll do is just carry the 'no bread' thing over into Phase 3, just so I'll have the number of bread-free days necessary to discover my secret bread allergy, should such a thing exist.  It totally doesn't.  But, I won't argue with Jay.  

1 comment: