Wednesday, February 6, 2013

JCore Day 9


Hey, it's totally bedtime, so this will be quick.  Here goes:


The Workout: Hard Core

As you can probably assume, Hard Core is a core workout.  There were no sit-ups or crunches at all, which I appreciated since I hate sit-ups and crunches.  Instead, there were a lot of plank- and side plank-based moves.  There were also exercises designed to work the lower back and the hip flexors.  Thanks mainly to TRX, I’ve been noticing that my abs are getting stronger.  This means that even though I did eventually have to switch into the modified versions of the plank moves, I could start almost all of them in the original position and could stay in the original position for longer than I expected.  Overall I thought it was a really good, complete core workout.  Although, maybe it was just my perception after waking up at 5am, but Jay did seem a little extra perky right off the bat (during the very first move: “Come on!  We’re warming up!  Oh yeah, this is the warm-up!  Did you think this was the workout?!”  No, Jay.  No one thought this was the workout.).


Breakfast: Strawberry peanut butter taco and turkey bacon.


This was really good!  I’ve been on kind of an almond butter kick lately, so the peanut butter was a nice change.



Lunch: Chicken with broccoli and Brussels sprouts.


I almost forgot to take a picture of this.  Remembered just in the nick of time.


Snack 1:  String cheese and grapes.


This was light enough that I didn’t mind eating it just an hour before TRX (usually I don’t like to eat less than 2 hours before class).



Snack 2: Low-sodium Triscuits with Smucker's Simply Fruit peach fruit spread.


I was just feeling kind of snacky.  



Dinner: Pork chops with black beans.


Kevin got barbecue sauce beans, but barbecue sauce has a lot of sugar in it so I didn't want to have it.  Instead, I had fancy ketchup beans, which were fine.


I also had about 60 oz of water during the day, which is almost unheard of for me.  I'm really working on getting enough water consistently.  Before bed, I had some gummy vitamins.  You know how I roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment