Tuesday, February 12, 2013

JCore Day 14

Sorry everyone, I'm so late in getting this up.  This is from Sunday, Feb. 10.

Hi, friends!  I had a nice, relaxing Sunday.  This was an off day for JCore, so no workout today.  I spent the first half of the day in bed watching Twin Peeks, and then we switched gears a little bit and spend the second half in bed watching a Hindi-language movie - Mere Brother Ki Dulhan, for anyone who likes that sort of thing.  Imran Kahn, what a cutie :).


Breakfast: Peanut butter and banana protein smoothie.


In Brookline, MA, where I used to live, there is a little crepe place called Paris Creperie.  My pals and I would go there all the time, and on most of my visits, I would get a smoothie called the Jimmy Carter - peanut butter, banana, milk, and fro yo.  As far as I understand, Jimmy Carter was a peanut farmer (as well as being a president) which is why this drink deserves his name.  Let me just tell you that the Jimmy Carter was the BEST smoothie.  It's the only kind I ever ordered.  My version used vanilla protein powder and ice in place of the fro yo, but was still pretty delicious.      


Lunch: Broccoli soup with leftover pork.


This was the very last of the pork, and I was sad to see it go.  I'm fairly certain we'll be making it again soon, though.


Snack 1: Pickles



Snack 2: Tortilla chips and hummus.




Dinner: Chicken curry with brown rice and chickpeas.

This is kind of like deconstructed curry, but I mixed everything together before I ate it.

I found the recipe in Health magazine, in an article about uses for bananas.  I left the bananas out when I made this (Kevin didn't want them) so I don't know what that would have tasted like, but I bet it would have been good.  It was good even without the bananas, though!  I had never really made curry before but it wasn't too hard, and I was really happy with the way it came out.


Tomorrow is the first day of Boot Camp class at the gym!  I'm kind of excited, I think it will be fun.  I'm also excited because yesterday I signed up for my second Warrior Dash!  It's seriously in like 2 weeks, so I need to start getting ready, but it's going to be great.  I had so much fun at the last one!

No comments:

Post a Comment