Saturday, February 16, 2013

JCore Day 19

You guys, I am so excited for this three day weekend, you don’t even know.  I’m coming to the conclusion that 6 hours of sleep at night is really not enough for me, so I’m looking forward to sleeping in a little and getting rid of some of the sleep debt I’ve built up over the past few night.  The next step will of course be adjusting my actual sleep schedule so that I can get at least 7 hours each night.


The Workout
Today I did Hardcore, which is the abs workout.  I really do feel like my abs are getting stronger.  While I did have to modify many of the exercises, especially the plank-based ones, I was able to at least start each exercise in the original position.

The Food

Breakfast: Protein shake and wheat Chex.


My shake had banana this time – and was much better for it :).  To go along with the shake I just had some dry cereal on the side.  It would have been better if had been Corn Bran Crunch instead of Wheat Chex, but such is life, I suppose.
  

Lunch: Pork chop with broccoli.


This was kind of a boring lunch (especially considering someone in my office was eating a pizza Hot Pocket and it smelled so great and I wanted it), but it got the job done, I guess.



Snack 1: Pistachios.




Snack 2: Roasted red pepper and tomato soup.

This terrible picture has been used before, but I forgot to take another one before I ate.
For some reason I greatly prefer having soup out of mugs than out of bowls.


Dinner: Moroccan beef stew.


Kevin made this in the slow cooker and it was really good.  I guess what makes it 'Moroccan' is the addition of chopped dried apricots and figs (the recipe called for raisins but I didn't have any) as well as curry powder and garam masala.  It certainly smelled amazing, and tasted really great, too.  In fact, this is currently Kevin's favorite slow-cooker meal.


We finished up the evening by reading a little more from The Night Circus.  We're getting close to the end, and I really want to know what's going to happen.  But, I think it would be pretty rude to read ahead so I'll just have to waaaiiiit.

No comments:

Post a Comment