Wednesday, February 20, 2013

JCore Day 23

And this one would be from Tuesday, Feb. 19.


The Workout
Today I did Rev Up.  I continued with yesterday’s goal of focusing on the balance and single-leg exercises.  I should have had TRX this afternoon, but instead I had to go to a (dare I say lame-o?) meeting. 


Breakfast: Oatmeal with Laughing Cow Light Garlic & Herb cheese and dried apricots.


This was pretty delish.  I tend to like the sweet/savory combo, and I thought the apricots went really well with the cheese.



Lunch:  Chicken mixed with Laughing Cow Light Garlic & Herb cheese and cucumber slices.


Clearly I am getting my cheese on like it’s my job.



Snack: Greek yogurt with applesauce and wheat Chex.


Hooray for yogurt with applesauce, which is way better than yogurt with no applesauce!



Dinner: Tomato soup with smoked chicken and apple sausage.


Okay, so here's what happened: Kevin and I had gone to Whole Foods for a screening of a documentary about a new movement of young farmers (it's called The Greenhorns, it was really interesting).  On our way out, we happened to meander past the smoked meat counter, and we were immediately surrounded by the most delicious of smells.  How we've managed to miss this particular counter in the past, I have no idea.  Clearly we had to buy something.  Equally clearly, sausage is probably not the best choice of protein for someone who is watching what they eat, but I figured chicken sausage wouldn't be too bad.  And it wasn't bad.  In fact, it was awesome.  I chopped 2 links up and added them to my soup, where their smokey flavor spread perfectly.  It was great :).

No comments:

Post a Comment